In hindsight, a workplace bullying situation can seem both regrettable and avoidable. Yet time and again, we find that the circumstances leading to the making of a bullying complaint were predictable, or at least displayed a reasonable risk of complaints of bullying occurring.
- Long-term borderline poor performance issues.
- Replacement of someone in an acting position.
- Placement of a new manager into an established team.
Cases to consider
- Risk assessment
- Rapid response to early signs
- Focus on fairness in outcomes