The Commission for Children and Young People have announced that new Child Safe Standards will be coming into force in #Victoria in July 2022. WISE Workplace welcomes these reforms which will strengthen and enhance the obligations of 50,000+ organisations to keep children safe by ensuring:
– availability of an accessible complaints management system
– enhancing reporting obligations
– requiring tailored workforce training and development, which consider the risks and complexity of each role
– a values-based approach to #recruitment of staff and volunteers
– #culturalsafety, #diversity and #equity are upheld
– proactivity in relation to digital and physical safety through the introduction of a positive duty.
Now is the time for organisations to review their governance arrangements, policies, procedures, culture and capability in readiness for these important changes. WISE Workplace can help.
In addition to providing complaints and investigation services relating to child safety matters, WISE Workplace has established a strategic partnership with safeguarding consultancy FamSAFE. Together we provide our clients with end to end workplace solutions to enhance the experience of health, safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
For more information about this service offering, or for support in getting ready for the introduction of these new standards, reach out today on 1300 580 685 – [email protected]
#WiseWorkplace #Melbourne #ChildSafety #ChildSafeStandards #Complaints #Investigations #ReportableConduct #ChildAbuse #Safeguarding